Job Opening & Volunteer Opportunities at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
We have some great news guys, well, not so much for us when it comes to saying goodbye to a colleague but, that opens up doors for you!
If you’ve been dreaming about a job here at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta or getting more involved with us then this blog post is definitely for you!
That’s right guys, we have a job opening here at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, our Language Program Manager is moving on to pastures new and we’re looking for someone to fill his shoes!
So, if you’re a dyanamic person who is fluent in both English and German and has the relevant qualifications and experience, this could well be for you.
If you’re interested, here’s what you need to know:
Language Program Manager, full-time
The primary focus of the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, a nonprofit organization, is to foster cultural relationships between German-speaking and American people and to facilitate and present projects of national and international scope to promote a better understanding of German culture, language and society within the larger context of European life.
- Fluent in German and English (native or near-native)
- Master’s degree in related fields (Certificate of Teaching German as a foreign language and Goethe-Insitut examiner’s certificate a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of latest teaching methods and understanding of the CEFR
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interest in and a knowledge of German culture
- Understanding of a nonprofit work environment
- Experience in teaching German as a Foreign Language
- Experience in another Goethe, cultural institution or nonprofit organization and/or as a team manager would be a plus
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Language Program Manager coordinates the activities related to the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta’s language programs, including, but not limited to managing a team of 15+ teachers and ensuring that students’ needs are met. In addition, the Language Program Manager plays a key role in proposing and implementing strategies for the continuing expansion of the language program.
This position involves a variety of tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
Management of teacher team:
- Recruiting new teachers (together with the executive director)
- Ensuring the quality of instruction in compliance with the Goethe Insitut standards
- Building communication between teachers and staff
- Teaching some classes to better understand our students, teachers and chosen methods
- Coordinating Goethe-Insitut exams and – if certified examiner – administering these exams
- Coordinating entry evaluations for the appropriate placement of students
- Ensuring the continuing satisfaction of students
- Identifying potential new individual and corporate clients
Growth and strategy:
- Working with the Executive Director to propose educational programs and policies which will lead to increased revenue
- Increasing student enrollment by proposing classes, programs and policies to enlarge the potential public
- Representing the Goethe-Zentrum at various Goethe-Zentrum programs
- Networking with foreign language education community
- Overseeing the curriculum and policies (under the direction of the Executive Director)
- Managing classroom technology and LMS (Moodle)
- Assisting with language program marketing
- Managing teachers’ schedules (at school and at corporate and private accounts)
- Participating in team meeting
- Participating in maintaining a clean work environment
- Assisting others in the team when needed
- Participating in and assisting with outreach programs
- Participating at Goethe-Zentrum cultural programs (may include weekends and evenings)
Key competency areas for this position:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and in English
- Well organized
- Effective planner
- A results-orientated leader focused on strategic goal attainment
- Knowledge of student issues
- An understanding of the challenges students face
- Effective management skills with an ability to juggle multiple activities successfully.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Miriam Bruns, via e-mail: email@example.com
We’re always looking for new volunteers to get involved with us here at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta. In fact, we’re holding a volunteer training session in a couple of weeks time.
If you’re looking to enhance your German language skills and you’re interested in working in a dynamic, cultural environment then this just might be for you! We’d love you to volunteer with us, either on a regular basis at our office or at any of our events. We need assistance with all sorts of tasks, from office work to setting up and cleaning up at major events – there’s something to suit everyone!
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please register for our mandatory volunteer training where you will meet Goethe-Zentrum staff, hear about our programs and learn a little more about the new opportunities for you to get more involved.
If you’re interested in getting involved with our Bundesliga breakfast then this training is mandatory for you too!
Here’s what you need to know about the training session:
When: Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Where: Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
Please register for the session by Sunday, July 26, 2015.
We look forward to seeing you there and welcoming you to the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta.
Posted on July 14, 2015, in Daily News and tagged Atlanta, German, German Language Learning, Goethe, Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, Job Opening, Language Program Manager, Volunteers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.