Giving to Goethe: Mid-Year Campaign
Ok guys, so, you know we’re a nonprofit and we exist solely because of your support and donations, right? Well, it’s that time of year again where we ask you to continue with your much appreciated support and give to Goethe. This way, we can continue to provide our language courses, school and university outreach and cultural program for you to enjoy and to help us to foster friendships between German and American people. Simple!
It’s because of your help and support that we’re been able to bring more cultural programs than ever to the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta and reached out to students of all ages in your community, as well as in neighboring states.
Ready for an update on what we’ve already been able to achieve this year thanks to your support?
Well, here goes:
- We reached over 330 students at the AATG Georgia State German Convention enjoyed Dyko, an electro-pop artist from Germany;
- Two classes of German students from University of North Georgia’s Federal Service Language Academy were treated to a German Immersion Day at the Goethe-Zentrum;
- Together with our cultural partner Alliance Française d’Atlanta, the 52nd Anniversary of the Élysée Treaty was celebrated with the film Diplomacy and remarks by the Consuls General of both Germany and France;
- The Rialto Center for the Arts hosted our guests Andreas Kern and Paul Cibis for a Piano Battle concert;
- German Language Breakfasts, Bundesliga and European Science Café presentations attracted many of you to the Goethe-Zentrum.
Like we said, we’re no longer 100 percent funded by the German government. That all changed in 2007; and we a now an independent not-for-profit organization. (You can read more about that here.) Whilst our German language courses provide about 50 percent of our budget, about $300,000.00 must come from specific grants, and friends and supporters like you.
Without you, our patrons and well-wishers, our ongoing progress and future outreach to students will not be possible. We would love it if you could please consider furthering the mission of the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta by making a contribution! Your gift will go a long way toward continuing and growing programs such as the ones we’ve already been able to present this year.
Dankeschön and we hope to see you at the Goethe-Zentrum / German Cultural Center in Atlanta soon!
And don’t forget you can keep up with everything that’s going on at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta by liking our Facebook page, following us on Twitter and LinkedIn and signing up to our weekly newsletter.