EVENT: Visit our booth at the Atlanta Dogwood Festival!
That’s right people, the Atlanta Dogwood Festival is this weekend and, once again, we’re excited to be a part of it! It marks the start of spring (and we’re so excited for some nice weather!), is one of the biggest festivals of the year and it’s right in our back yard in Piedmont Park!
We have so much going on over the course of the weekend as part of the festival and, let’s face it, you need to get involved in some, if not all of what’s happening! The Dogwood Festival let’s us get out into our local community to meet you, our neighbors, friends and loyal supporters! Here’s what we’ll be up to over the weekend:
Booth in the International Village of the Dogwood Festival
As always, we’ll be setting up our booth with the German Consulate General Atlanta in the International Village of the festival where we will have lots going on! Make sure you stop by to say hi and get involved in the following:
- Find out lots of information about Germany and German-speaking countries, traveling to these countries and any other questions you may have – we’ll try to answer them!
- Take part in a quiz to be in with a chance to win a 10-week language course here at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
- Donate $1.00 to spin the wheel and win some fantastic freebies!
We’ll be there from Friday, April 7 until Sunday, April 9, and we’ll make sure you’ll be able to spot us when you’re strolling through the festival – we’ll no doubt have some Germany flags flying around!
Walk-In German Classes at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
Once you’ve taken in the festival on Saturday, April 8, head on up to the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta and get involved in some Germany classes! Here’s what we have on offer:
- German for Travelers, 3:00 – 4:30pm | Taking a trip to Germany or a German-speaking country and want to converse a little with the locals? This class will help you with the basics like introductions, ordering food and asking for directions. $25.00 members, $35.00 non-members
- Intermediate Conversation Class, 3:00 – 4:30pm | Can you already speak German but don’t get the chance to practice? Here’s your chance! This casual conversation class will cover topics participants are interested in. $10.00 per person
- Storytime for Kids, 3:00 – 4:30pm | Looking for something family friendly to expose your kids to German? Stop by with the family for storytime! Stories will be in both English and German. If you want to be involved in either of the classes above, you can do that while your children are listening to some stories! $10.00 for the family
Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta Book Sale
If you’re looking for some German language books then you need to head to the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta on Saturday, April 8, between 9:00am and 4:00pm as we will have a huge book sale! Think of a book you want to read in German or a genre you’re interested in and we probably have the perfect book for you to read! Come stop by and see what’s on offer – we’re pretty sure you’ll find something you like! You might want to bring some bags too – we think you’ll want to take home more than one! Each book is $1.00.
So there you have it – a weekend of fun-filled Dogwood Festival happenings! We’d love to see you over the weekend – make sure you stop by to say hi!
Don’t forget, you can keep up with everything that’s going on here at the Goethe Atlanta by following us on social media:
Posted on April 6, 2017, in What's Going On? and tagged Atlanta, Atlanta Dogwood Festival, German, German Language Learning, Germany, Goethe, Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, World Languages. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.